Parent Teacher Association
The Fairfield School Parent Teacher Association has two aims:
- To support the community ethos of the school by encouraging parents and children throughout the school to meet and enjoy social events together.
- To raise funds for the school “wish list” that is produced through consultation with pupils, staff and parents.
In recent years, the PTA has raised around £8,000 a year from a wide variety of events that have included Christmas and Summer Fayres, a treasure hunt, Auction of Promises, golf days, wine tasting and dance band evenings and cake sales. The PTA is also pleased to support the school by providing refreshments at numerous events including pre-show drinks at drama productions, coffee at new parents' information evenings and ice-creams at Sports Day.
The money raised in recent years from these events has bought many items, large and small, from the “wish list”, including:
- interactive whiteboards for every class in the school;
- a new sound and projection system for the main hall;
- ICT equipment for the new ICT suite;
- an i-pod dock;
- digital cameras for each class;
- new playground games;
- new surface for the Nursery and Reception playground;
- regeneration of our Conservation Area
Every parent of the school is automatically a member of the PTA. The committee of 10 members is elected by members each September and works closely with additional elected representatives from each class and a member of the school staff, forming a PTA community that supports the community of the school.